Premium features

WiFi Manager has several premium features, available for purchase for $1.95 as a single package right in the application using Google Wallet.

Important: Google will store your order under your account. This means you only pay once even if you later install new firmware / reset your phone / get a new one. The application will restore your existing order and activate again, as many times as necessary.

1 – Two new widget themes, inspired by Android 5.0 (Material Design), with transparency support.

device-widgets-sample

These can be previewed for free by installing my Bluetooth Widget.

2 – The WiFi Network Switcher widget to connect to a network with a single tap.

The widget will enable WiFi if necessary and then connect.

device-widgets-switching

3 – Per-network icons (from a predefined set) and descriptions.

These are automatically backed up (to your Google account) and will be available on a new phone or after a reinstall.

You can also back up your assigned icons and descriptions “manually” with Menu -> Backup on the app’s main screen.

device-free-list-known.png device-prem-list-known.png

4 – Exclude networks from the live scan list.

This can be useful if your neighbors have routers too.

device-free-list-live.png device-prem-list-live.png

5 – No ads.

Since version 4.1, the free version contains ads. The premium version does not.

How to buy

All the above features are available for purchase right in the application, as a single “Premium” package.

Order processing is handled by Google Wallet. My app never sees your payment data.

1. Michael H.
    November 21, 2016 at 6:10 pm

May I please have a one week trial redemption code? I’m ranting the app and eager try features.

Thanks

November 21, 2016 at 10:28 pm

Sorry I don’t have those. If you decide to purchase, feel free to contact me for a refund later if needed.

2. Johan
    October 27, 2016 at 5:42 pm

On my phone (galaxy s4) I have the premium. On my tablet the app does not upgrade to premium in the “about premium”. Playstore says item is allready payed.

October 27, 2016 at 8:52 pm

Hi, on the tablet, please bring up any “premium” feature and on the blue “premium purchase screen” just wait a little — the app will ask Google Play for your existing purchase and should activate shortly. If this is not happening, you may want to try uninstalling / reinstalling the app.

• Johan
        October 27, 2016 at 9:21 pm

Thank you. Only uninstalling / reinstalling helped. Problem solved.

3. Kirk Philipson Chan
    October 27, 2016 at 5:27 pm

Two questions:
    1 Can I be able to have 2 connections with the same SSID but different password?
    2 Can I be able to choose from two different settings for one connection? (I have 2 gateway being bridged)

October 27, 2016 at 8:51 pm

Sorry it’s “no” for both. I’d like to fix 1 if I am able to.

4. Mike Ezekiel
    September 25, 2016 at 8:33 pm

Hi. I love your app, and I want to buy it as a permanent solution to my in house wifi situation. However; it does not seem to work unless the full app is running in the foreground. How can I make it run at all times? I have a Samsung Galaxy S6. Thanks!

5. September 21, 2016 at 6:41 pm

My android LG l39c doesn’t have a wifi mac address or a IP adress. This app was suvgested..i’d like to know if it works before purchase..please help…

September 21, 2016 at 10:05 pm

Um, every piece of WiFi hardware has a MAC address and any network connection has an IP address. But, the app is free, you’re welcome to try it. It looks, however, that the LG l39c has a few issues with WiFi: https://www.google.ru/search?q=LG+l39c+wifi

6. September 18, 2016 at 10:49 pm

Can i delete wi fi addresses

September 19, 2016 at 2:03 am

Yes you can tap one in the list of networks and then tap “Forget” in the popup window. Please note that starting with Android 6, Google made it so that apps can only “forget” their “own” networks, not ones initially added by other apps (incl. the phone’s Settings app).

7. August 27, 2016 at 3:21 am

Hi, I just migrated to a new phone with Marshmallow and had been using your app all along (good job btw). I notice that now, when I turn on the phone or when the app changes access points, there is a very brief sign in screen. It is full screen, so momentarily disrupts whatever I would be doing. This did not happen in the previous phone/version. Is this new (somewhat irritating) behaviour due to marshmallow or is it done by the app? If so is there a way to have it sign in behind the scenes instead of in the foreground? For example, the “signing in to new wireless apn” screen can happen while I’m playing a game or typing this message which would disrupt the activity. Thanks!

August 27, 2016 at 8:57 pm

Never noticed this on any of my phones with Android Marshmallow (and I’ve got several, different makes / models too). It’s not something that the app does, at least not intentionally and purposefully. I’d guess it might be triggered by “something” specific to your WiFi networks, but I’m not sure what exactly, sorry.

8. July 29, 2016 at 7:46 am

good

9. Dude
    June 28, 2016 at 3:20 am

Is there any way to backup and save settings in case you need to factory reset phone or migrate settings to new phone? I use my phone for work and I have a list of over 60 WiFi networks and don’t want to have to add them one by one manually.

June 28, 2016 at 1:23 pm

Apps are not allowed to access the passwords of stored networks. On the other hand, Android can do this without any app — please see system settings -> backup & reset.

10. May 6, 2016 at 7:34 am

Very nice

11. April 22, 2016 at 10:00 am

Be courageous for work

12. Lutz
    March 16, 2016 at 2:11 pm

Hello,
    I’ll buy it anyway – but with the premium version on Android 6: is it possible to _add/activate and switch_ to a network from the widget? That is, to have this network not connected to automatically but only manually. From the app, the widget or best even programmatically (intent).
    Background: I developed an control application that uses Wifi, but the network provides no internet access. “WebApp” on the mobile side (e.g. Chrome “add to home screen”). I’d like to find a way to enable that special ESSID, start the “app” and after “leaving it” disable it again.
    If it’s used unconditionally, (mobile data) internet access is cut off/the user is irritated by the system’s Internet reachability test.
    I think it’s not possible at the moment, but it should not be too difficult to implement, should it?

A more general feature request: explicit prioritization of networks. Actually I have not looked into the “use best network” function in detail yet.

Thanks for your work,
    Lutz

March 16, 2016 at 3:18 pm

Hi, there is a “one tap network switch” widget in the app which enables WiFi if disabled, waits for it to become usable, and connects to the network. But I guess you’re asking about interfacing from code? If so, why not make Android API calls from your app, it’s really quite simple?

• Lutz
        March 16, 2016 at 3:27 pm

The main aspect is that the network is not connected automatically because it provides no Internet access. This application is not the only use case anyway. I’d like to be able to disable networks (but not having to reconfigure them). For example some “free wifi community” networks that may be quite non-performant.
        The app(lication) case: It’s not stand alone code. HTML5/JS web page which may also be used from the normal browser interface. The Wifi switching should be independent. I may tie them
        together with something like Tasker on some stationary tablets…

Lutz

March 16, 2016 at 7:24 pm

Oh, you’d like to be able to disable a specific network, so Android doesn’t consider it as a candidate for connecting? Sorry this isn’t something which this app can do.

• Lutz
        March 16, 2016 at 7:44 pm

Yes, exactly. “isn’t… which this app can do” as in “not implemented” or “not possible”? As a network engineer (but not Android programmer) I think it should be possible and not too difficult? You probably store data for each network within your app anyway? Icons, extra names? Configuration data for all disabled networks would have to be held by your app.
        At least in my limited understanding as one way of implementation.
        As I wrote: I think, very useful feature in quite some situations.
        Think about it :-). Thanks.

13. Klaus
    March 13, 2016 at 4:14 pm

Before I buy the premium features I wanted to use your offered possibillity “These can be previewed for free by installing my Bluetooth Widget.”
    I have installed your Bluetooth Widget. How van I now take the frei Premier?

March 13, 2016 at 6:49 pm

Bluetooth Widget is completely free, and it has the same “material” widget themes. Just add bluetooth widget to the home screen and you’ll see a config screen with a theme selection, the themes are same as in WiFi Manager (“old style”, “holo light” and “dark”, and “material light” and “dark”).

14. Greg
    January 24, 2016 at 3:04 am

I don’t no much about WiFi do I need a router to make this work, I don’t have a router .will I beable to tap in somebody else network with a router if so then I will buy your package.

January 24, 2016 at 3:05 pm

Yes, WiFi needs a router to connect to. For “somebody else’s network” you will need to obtain the password from this “somebody” and ask if that’s ok with them. This app will not help you “crack” a WiFi network’s password.

15. December 13, 2015 at 2:03 pm

Nun ich möchte doch sehr hoffen, dass nach dem Kauf auf die Premium Version das besser funktioniert!!!! 😚

December 13, 2015 at 2:32 pm

What *exactly* “das besser funktioniert”?

16. Jared gohon
    November 26, 2015 at 11:12 pm

I love this app

17. Keith Hill
    November 22, 2015 at 1:04 am

Thanks for stealing my money.
    Paid for premium. Noting extra happened. Your a rip off and a bloody cheat.

November 22, 2015 at 2:50 am

Strong words, those.

1) Whatever “extra” was supposed to happen is described on this very page, did you check? 2) Did the order actually go through? (purchasing flow is handled by Google Play, not me, and Play isn’t without bugs) 3) I am unable to find any orders under the email address you left in your comment.

Please contact me with your order # ( from the order confirmation email which Play sends automatically ) so I can try to track down what happened.

You can view your actual purchase history and order statuses here: https://wallet.google.com/manage

Sometimes Play can’t fully process an order, and really anything can happen, so please do check there.

18. November 8, 2015 at 1:40 pm

How do I work this app

November 8, 2015 at 2:09 pm

The app’s main window has a list of networks, you can tap one to connect / disconnect. Swipe the list sideways to see the “radar” showing the surrounding networks and thier signal strengths, sorted by channel. And then there are widgets.

19. Marcus
    November 1, 2015 at 6:33 am

I own this app and it won’t let me use the widget and I did pay for it what’s going on

November 1, 2015 at 2:57 pm

It would help me to know what “won’t” means — is the widget there in the phone’s widget list at all? If so, does the app “think” it’s not activated? If the latter, please try activating by bringing up the app’s main window -> Menu -> About premium functions -> you’ll see the “purchase” screen. Do not press “buy” there, just wait a little, the app will get confirmation of your existing purchase from Google Play and activate, should take less than a minute.

• Ostinat0
        November 2, 2015 at 1:45 pm

I think this answer is actually more impressive than the app

20. John Raster
    October 2, 2015 at 4:43 pm

Great APP, worth every cent!

October 2, 2015 at 8:17 pm

Thank you!

21. Dave
    September 17, 2015 at 7:36 pm

Hi
    I have a problem with the widgets, after changing phone from Huawei Y300 to Y625, I do not have any widgets related to its application.
    I tried reinstalling the app but without success.
    it is a shame not to see the network to which you are connected, I have the premium version, you can do something to fix it.
    Thanks in advance.

September 17, 2015 at 9:40 pm

I can think of two things…

1) Perhaps this phone installs apps to “the memory card” by default (may not be a real microSd, but rather the large built-in memory partition), this is incompatible with widgets

2) If you use Google’s launcher (also known as GEL, “The Google Experience Launcher”), please try system settings -> apps -> Google App -> open its details -> clear cache and reboot

Oh, here is another, speaking of launchers, as a “sanity check” — could you try a different launcher? There are a bunch of free ones in Play, maybe Apex or Nova?

• Dave
        September 18, 2015 at 2:20 pm

I moved the sw of sd card to phone memory and everything worked.

22. July 26, 2015 at 5:03 pm

How to get the tool automaticlie change the channels if my neighbours router in same channels.
    May describe in German or PDF englisch
    Hugh Mike

July 26, 2015 at 6:22 pm

The channel is a setting in your *router*.

23. June 28, 2015 at 6:45 pm

Es buena la aplicacion pero aun no le entiendo mucho podrian mandarnw la forma pa ra mejor wifi disvulpen la molestis

24. Roby