Premium features

WiFi Manager has several premium features, available for purchase for $1.95 as a single package right in the application using Google Wallet.

Important: Google will store your order under your account. This means you only pay once even if you later install new firmware / reset your phone / get a new one. The application will restore your existing order and activate again, as many times as necessary.

1 – Two new widget themes, inspired by Android 5.0 (Material Design), with transparency support.

device-widgets-sample

These can be previewed for free by installing my Bluetooth Widget.

2 – The WiFi Network Switcher widget to connect to a network with a single tap.

The widget will enable WiFi if necessary and then connect.

device-widgets-switching

3 – Per-network icons (from a predefined set) and descriptions.

These are automatically backed up (to your Google account) and will be available on a new phone or after a reinstall.

You can also back up your assigned icons and descriptions “manually” with Menu -> Backup on the app’s main screen.

device-free-list-known.png device-prem-list-known.png

4 – Exclude networks from the live scan list.

This can be useful if your neighbors have routers too.

device-free-list-live.png device-prem-list-live.png

5 – No ads.

Since version 4.1, the free version contains ads. The premium version does not.

How to buy

All the above features are available for purchase right in the application, as a single “Premium” package.

Order processing is handled by Google Wallet. My app never sees your payment data.

1. Ron
    March 11, 2012 at 9:14 am

I want to disable broadcasting my SSID. Will the app allow an android device to remain connected and to reconnect at my command?

March 11, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Android’s support for hidden networks is somewhat unreliable. Besides, they don’t offer much in terms of security. Just think about this: if your device can find a hidden network, so can other people or apps.

Now if you still want to try it:

First, reconfigure your router / access point
      Second, tap on the network in WiFi Manager and select forget (if it’s already configured)
      Third, use Menu / Add Network to add the network back, and make sure to select the “Hidden SSID” option

2. John
    February 29, 2012 at 6:39 am

I’m trying to find out if your software will list multiple access points with the same ssid on the same network? I looked for this feature but can’t seem to find anything.

February 29, 2012 at 1:44 pm

WiFi Manager doesn’t differentiate among networks with the same SSID.

3. James Gaffney
    February 28, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Will your application fix the problem I am having? My phone connects to wifi then keeps scanning while connected making using wifi impossible every time it scans which is like every 3 seconds

February 28, 2012 at 5:55 pm

It won’t. The actual connection process is performed by Android, and my app has no control over that.

4. bill
    February 28, 2012 at 10:30 am

I am unclear. I don’t mind buying. I want an app to include automatic connection to subscribed closed networks or any open network (ideally based on signal strength) so that if I’m in one of my protected zones or if in an open zone on the road, I’d just like it to connect without further effort. Is this part of the paid features?

February 28, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Bill,

Regrettably, there is no such feature in WiFi Manager. There is a way to discover open networks around you, but connections are not made automatically.

• Corry
        February 28, 2012 at 5:51 pm

I leave my wifi on when going from home to work, it disconnects from my home and connects to my saved wifi when at work. So it doesn’t select the strongest and connect but does auto connect to saved networks in different zones if wifi is left on. It works great for me; not sure if that helps.

5. February 16, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Coll

6. December 29, 2011 at 7:52 am

スマホ大臣です!

7. austen lindsey
    December 23, 2011 at 9:02 am

Is there a way to improve my wifi signal

December 23, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Possibly, but not with WiFi Manager – it just isn’t involved in this.

One thing you can do is get a better external antenna for your WiFi access point / router.

8. José H Araque By
    December 20, 2011 at 4:48 am

Como comprar licencia pues no está en el market?

December 20, 2011 at 12:28 pm

No se puede, lo siento.

9. Paolo primiani
    November 25, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Hi, can you set the proxy settings also for each network?
    Thanks

November 25, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Android doesn’t let third party applications change the proxy settings. At least until 3.0, where it seems possible, but not documented.

10. November 22, 2011 at 9:55 pm

i do not owm any credit card acc would my debit card be acceptable. thanks.

November 22, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Sandra,

A debit card that has a VISA / Mastercard logo and number and expiration date, the usual stuff, is as fine as a true credit card.

If the transaction doesn’t go through Google Checkout for any reason, the card won’t be charged, just funds reserved and released back in a few days.

11. Geronimo
    November 2, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Am using the free version which I find very impressive. Quiet most impressive is your out-of-box technical support! Keep it up!

November 2, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Thank you.

12. Andreas
    August 10, 2011 at 10:22 am

Hi,

This is the perfect app for every android device. Just purchased the premium features and its amazing!!!
    It will be also nice if you can also add a proxy feature .

Thanks

August 11, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Android does not allow 3-rd party apps to change proxy settings.

13. zebulon w. pace
    August 9, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Everytime i push the pay at google app, the market starts loading but then disappeares and does not return. Please help me fix so i can get the premium wifi app. Your app is really great, is there anymore in this version asfar as network info or maybe a direct link to a sec code site or something like that?

14. Mo_
    August 5, 2011 at 2:14 am

no Paypal?

August 5, 2011 at 10:27 am

No. Just Google’s in-app billing, built into Android Market since April 2011.

15. June 22, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Want to buy the premium edition, but my Samsung Galaxy S II keep saying the purchase is not available.
    Is it possible to buy directly from you ?

16. June 21, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Samsung Galaxy Tab has a Proxy setting on the IP setting screen. Is it possible for you to update the values over there along with the IP address assignment.

June 22, 2011 at 12:47 am

Not sure it’s possible.

The standard proxy setting (Settings.Secure.HTTP_PROXY) is read only for third-party applications, and even then I don’t know if Samsung uses this setting, or has their own, accessible only to their device’s Settings screen.

• June 22, 2011 at 1:42 am

Ok … Let me do that research … Will let you know if I find anything

17. Shaun
    June 10, 2011 at 2:08 pm

It would be good if I could use this feature on my tablet as well as my phone, I would be prepared to pay again, but unfortunately I’m not given that option.

June 10, 2011 at 2:47 pm

It’s supposed to work, if you set up your Google account where you made the purchase on your other device.

I have reports of this working, using one order to run on a phone and a tablet.

It’s not necessary to enable synchronization of email or other Google services, just the account needs to be there. Might need to be the first one on that device.

18. May 24, 2011 at 5:01 am

(^_^)

19. Martin
    May 23, 2011 at 8:15 am

can you add proxy setting please?

May 23, 2011 at 10:15 am

Can’t.

Android proxy settings cannot be changed by third-party applications (only by the settings app built into the firmware).

A quick Market search for Proxy shows that proxy applications require root.

20. May 20, 2011 at 3:39 am

Preciso

21. Paul Nieman
    May 5, 2011 at 3:19 am

Had to wipe my phone, now can not get my paid premium verison back. Please advise Thanks

May 5, 2011 at 11:47 am

Paul,

The activation is automatic first time you access a premium feature after the reset.

When you do that, the program displays the pale blue “order” window again, but this time requests your existing order from Google.

If you’re still having trouble, please contact me via email (you can find it in Google Checkout, Market listing, the program’s About box).

22. pedro
    April 26, 2011 at 2:33 am

I click the “Buy with Google checkou” but nothing happens?

April 26, 2011 at 10:53 am

Pedro,

You are most likely using custom firmware that has an old version of Market.

Billing reqires Market 2.3+ (current version is 2.3.6).

Please contact the developers of your custom firmware so they update Market application. There will be many more applications using in-app billing shortly.

23. snzkql
    April 22, 2011 at 6:03 pm

24. mobie
    April 12, 2011 at 6:08 am

I just buy a premium($1.75) by google checkout.
    But when I want to change a password.
    It still want me buy a premium licence.
    Why?

April 12, 2011 at 12:16 pm

An order takes some time to be processed by Google and reported back to the application. Usually less than an hour, but could take longer than that.

Please contact me over email — my address is in the About window in the program — so I can look into it.

• mobie
        April 12, 2011 at 12:50 pm

ok~I had sent the mail.

• Jo Ellen Englander
      May 7, 2012 at 2:52 pm

New 2 all this. My Dell 2 yr old computer keeps messing up. Whent 2 Wifi on phone. Would like 2 buy $ 1.75 option, but I don’t even know how to get the passwords 2 connect to these networks. Help !

May 7, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Jo,

If those 2 networks are your own, then you should already know the passwords, or be able able to change them to new, known ones.

If they are someone else’s, that’s illegal network hacking.

• Jo Ellen Englander
        May 7, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Thank you. As I said its new to me. I would never want 2 hack into some one’s account…… I understood that Wifi was about being able gto linnk on 2 o secure network for internet purposes. My Dell is new, getting 2 exspensive to service it every 2 weeks. I was hacked by my ex. Very bad ! Thx again!

May 7, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Jo,

Try connecting your home WiFi router to a computer with a network cable, then open http://192.168.1.1 in the web browser there.

For most routers, you should see the configuration screen where you can change the password to a known one.

25. Sebastian
    April 9, 2011 at 1:34 am

Hi Kostya,

I wanted to ask you to see if you were able to make the Dungeons in-app billing sample to work. I have been trying to make it work for almost 3 days, and I am really frustrated. There must be something that I am missing, or it is just that the Android Market Billing Server is not sending the responses that it should.

I saw in Google Groups, Andorid development Group, that you posted that you are having the same issue, were you able to figure it out? any progress on that?

I will keep looking into it, and if I find anything or make any progress I’ll let you know.

Thanks

Sebastian

April 9, 2011 at 11:08 am

No, still not working.

It worked two or three days ago, and now, without me making any changes, it fails in the same exact way: the purchase for “android.test.*” items is “succesfully sent to the server”, but nothing ever comes back.

• May 20, 2012 at 7:30 pm