Home > releases > WiFi Manager 3.5.4.2

WiFi Manager 3.5.4.2

Minor fixes, updated translations.

Categories: releases
  1. August 27, 2016 at 11:26 pm

Kostya: What must I do to install the WiFi Manager in a rectangular for (it shows access pt_name); Vs the default circular appearing format ? I have V3.6.0.5!!!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

• August 27, 2016 at 11:30 pm

Sorry didn’t quite understand.. What is rectangular vs. round? Are you asking about widgets? Widgets come in several “themes” and you can select one “at the time you’re adding a widget to your home screen”, there is a window that pops up, and there is a “theme” drop-down.

2. Rossi
    September 26, 2015 at 1:16 am

Hi,
    a nearly perfect App. a secured sync with dropbox or google account will be fine! On this way I only need one input on one device to use the WLAN on all my devices. Maybe only for the premium version?!?!
    THX

• September 26, 2015 at 1:37 am

Android won’t let third party apps access the passwords of configured networks — even the app that did the configuring. I’d like to point out that Android itself can backup and restore the WiFi passwords — in system settings under Backup.

3. Ned
    September 16, 2015 at 6:12 pm

I’m trying to add your app to a lock screen list, after entering what I assumed is the process (org.kma.WiFiManager) it tells me that the package cannot be found … are you able to offer any advice on this ?

• Ned
      September 16, 2015 at 6:13 pm

Edit to correct typo: org.kman.WiFiManager

• September 16, 2015 at 6:43 pm

The package name is: “org.kman.WifiManager” (note the lowercase “f”).

4. Gregg Collins
    August 17, 2015 at 9:16 pm

Nice app! I just purchased WiFi Manager 3.5.4.2 after less than 5 minutes with the free version.

Just wanted to let you know the WiFi AP widget works on my phone to enable the hotspot, but fails to turn it off. I get a toast message “error changing wifi access point state”. Phone is Moto X 1st gen running KitKat 4.4.4 on Verizon.

Not a big deal, but let me know if you need additional info.

• August 17, 2015 at 10:14 pm

Greg, the “AP widget” uses undocumented Android functions reserved for the system’s built-in Settings app. There is no official, supported way to control the access point from third party apps. And so, these undocumented functions may arbitrarily not work depending on the device, Android version, regional and carrier customization, and the phase of the moon (I’m joking about that last one, but “undocumented” and “unsupported” really means you can’t count on anything).

• Gregg Collins
        August 17, 2015 at 10:40 pm

Kostya, thank you for your fast reply. The AP is easy enough to turn back off from the notification bar, but your widget does save me a couple of taps amongst small text getting it turned on. Glad to have it, unsupported or not.

The main benefit to me with your app is being able to describe and categorize (by icon) an ever growing list of cryptic SSID’s. I also like the widget to see what net I’m connected to, because for some reason lately (even after factory reset) my phone is not automatically switching very well. In fact, I must now sometimes toggle WiFi to get it to connect at all. The phone’s own control for that is no longer effective; I must got full-blown airplane mode and back to accomplish WiFi toggle). I suspect a bug has been introduced through system or app updates, but at any rate your app helps work around the problems.

Well done, and please keep it up!

5. Russell Morris
    August 2, 2015 at 9:46 pm

Hi,

Really like the app – thanks! One minor thing … when I show “LIve Networks”, there is one item on the list that is not live … rather, it’s the first one on my known list, but definitely not live. Not sure why it’s showing up.

Thanks again.

• August 2, 2015 at 10:47 pm

That network must be “hidden” (set up on the router to not be visible in scan results) — you can tell by the blue “question mark” indicator. And so the app assumes that it might be in range, making it possible to connect. You can turn off “assume hidden are live” in the app’s settings.

• Russell Morris
        August 2, 2015 at 11:03 pm

That makes sense – thanks! But FYI, it isn’t hidden … and the ? in Level isn’t blue (there is a question mark, but it’s not blue – and I know the network isn’t hidden). But I’ll change the setting, thanks again!

6. Vladimir
    May 28, 2015 at 3:25 pm

How to enable lower menu with icons in wifi manager?I had it in my last phone but then I bought new one installed wfm and icons are gone.

7. Paulo Lopes (Portugal)
    April 25, 2015 at 10:45 pm

I bought your application for Android. It is quite good but I wonder if it would be possible to create a form of the 1×1 widget can open the main application as in 2×1? Or the widget 2×1 be able to activate the access point mode?

• April 26, 2015 at 12:34 am

The 1×1 widget has an option “icon is app” (shown when you’re creating the widget) — where the left side of the icon brings up the app, and the right side of the icon toggles WiFi. May be tricky to hit where you want, but then the size is quite small…