WiFi Manager 2.7.0
New version just released to Google Play.
– New feature: scan for and switch to best network (among already configured). Disabled by default, please see app settings.
– Fixed EAP (802.11x) networks on Android 4.3.
– Added a setting for “exit” button: disable WiFi or not.
– Fixed “open first” network sorting.
– An option to show detailed WiFi state in a status bar notification, off by default, see app settings.
– High res graphics for Full-HD phones (Samsung S4, HTC One, Sony Z, etc.)
More on the “best network” feature:
– Disabled by default, please enable in settings.
– Switches between already configured networks, will not connect you to some random open WiFi network on its own.
– Triggered by the firmware reporting the current network’s signal level changes, or by time. Do not expect this to be instant.
– By design, only works when the device is not sleeping. If your device does “stuff” in the background, there is a good chance the switching will work, when the device is woken by other apps.
– By design, does not interfere with the device’s automatic (firmware driven) initial connections, i.e. when there is no connection yet. Will switch a bit later if a better network is found.
current signal level at which, or below, to switch (defaults to -65 dBm, which is definitely not a very good connection, but still sort of usable);
min. interval for scans / reconnects, defaults to 5 minutes;
how good a new network’s signal level has to be, compared to the current one, for the switching to happen, defaults to +10 dBm.