Home > releases, wifi > WiFi Manager 2.6.7

WiFi Manager 2.6.7

Added “sticky broadcast” permission which is not needed, but there are firmwares who think it is, and crash the app.

Does any of this ever get any testing?

When’s the final Android release coming out? I’m impressed with the 16 beta versions so far, but would like to see at least a release candidate.

Categories: releases, wifi
  1. April 18, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Hi, Im an Androidaholic and my name is Andy.. oh, hang on wrong website…..

Seriously, I have my phone (Sg2, 4.1.2) tablet (N7, 4.2.1) , a tv stick (mk808, 4.1.2) and 2 gamepad droids (JXD s601 – 2.3.4) and use wifi manager on all of them (and on their predecessors) (all rooted of course)

Now I bought your app because I do love it, but I am having a bit of a problem, you see each device has several google accounts on them. I always use my “google play” account as the first account set up on each device, than add a second google account (my private email), and on the phone and tablet, my business google email account…….

I purchased “Pro” on my phone with my “google play” email (the address ill put in the required email field below) however every other device seems to licence check on my personal email account. I removed my personal email account form the gaming tablets, and it validated properly, but I’m not really willing to remove my private mail account from the Nexus 7.

Is there any way to force the app to use a specific (or the default, first installed google account) for “pro validation”.
    (I’ve done the obvious of uninstalling the app , and re-installing it after double checking I’m using the correct account, and tried moving it between the devices with titanium backup)

I particularly like pro;s feature to have widgets to select specific networks as my home was built with foil backed plasterboard and has 3 AP’s to cover it.

Cheers in advance,
    Andy

• April 18, 2013 at 11:28 pm

Andy,

I’m an Androidaholic, I’ve got seven real devices, and several emulator images, ranging from 2.1 to 4.2.2…

Seriously, though — my app “talks” to Google Play to check purchase state… the account to use is decided there, not in my app. There is a setting in the Google Play app for which account to use, so perhaps that’s something to check.

I should also mention that after-purchase activation in my app is one time, saved on the device forever, so just switching the account temporarily should be enough (if it works, as I very much hope).

• April 19, 2013 at 12:05 am

Thanks for your quick response, alas I’m afraid I’ve already double checked the correct account was set in the play app, even uninstalled and re-installed wifi manager under my primary account, force closed everything related etc, rinsed and repeated with cold boot. It still always comes up with my private mail address under google wallet. In google wallet there is no option to switch account.
        It is unusual as I would expect it to default to the first google account on the devices…. Any other thoughts?

• April 19, 2013 at 1:55 am

Hey, that really sucks. Well, my app uses Google’s billing library….

But hey, who would have thunk it? Please see this:

Please note that a Google Developer Relations engineer (Trevor Jones) once said that this bug tracker is not for reporting issues with in-app billing, only for issues with billing sample code. In other words, I’m not sure anyone is even looking at those bug reports now.

• April 19, 2013 at 3:21 am

That’s a bit of a monumental boo boo.over at Google.

An interesting comment in the link was
        “Please note that this is with IAB version 2. I think there is a way to select the account with IAB 3, but considering the fact that a lot of apps still use IAB 2, I think it is worth addressing this issue.”
        However I looked trough the IAB 3 Docs at http://developer.android.com/google/play/billing/api.html and didn’t see any mention of that.

Oh well, on the upside I got it sorted on all everything except the Nexus 7 with creative account destruction, and regardless of that, the free version of the app itself is well worth the price of the paid version.

• May 2, 2013 at 8:16 pm

I just tried again today and hey presto, it worked, whether google did a ninja update on the library or you performed some white mans magic……. I’m delighted whatever the cause 🙂

2. Mark
    March 10, 2013 at 10:51 pm

Hi, I’d like to buy the premium version but only have PayPal and Google doesn’t accept it, is there another way to get premium please?

• March 11, 2013 at 12:54 am

It’s in-app purchasing via Google Play, only. Sorry!

3. ax3cut3
    March 8, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Hi!
    Is it possible to backup all known WiFi network settings?
    Respectively, where does the app save the settings?

Thx

4. Daniel
    February 26, 2013 at 11:52 pm

Hi, Kostya…
    I bought your Premium app while I was in Moscow. Now I’m back in Serbia and re-installed my tablet since it got bricked but I can’t get my premium app version since there are no paid apps in my country. What can I do, is there a key or where can I get my app that I paid for?
    Thanks…

• February 27, 2013 at 1:35 am

Daniel,

There is no separate paid app — I’m using Google-s in app purchase technology. The app will attempt to restore activation if you access any premium feature and just wait a bit at the pale blue purchase window (usually takes less than a minute).

I refunded (but did not cancel) your order. If restoring activation works for you — great, you get those features at no charge. If it doesn’t — you can try purchasing again, and if that doesn’t work, well, at least you’re not out $1.75 for nothing.

5. Wyrm
    February 4, 2013 at 9:25 am

Hi,
    Thanks for great app first. But I am here to complain a bit.
    I liked your app a lot I bought the premium license so I can assign static IP to certain APs. Since the purchase, I am having troubles connecting secured APs, my school APs for instance. First idea was that something is wrong with school network, but it happened to be a problem for other school’s APs and my phone’s service providers APs, too. One exception is my home AP with no enterprise scale security, just WPA2. There is no trouble accessing free APs.
    Also, The app cannot automatically access AP which I assigned IP. I always have to hand select it in the app to connect.
    My phone is HTC S710E Incredible S and Android 2.3.5. The wifi manager is the most updated one, 2.6.7.

• February 4, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Hi,

Could you try enabling “Switch early” under “Auto IP switching” in the app’s setting? If this doesn’t resolve the issue, please contact me for a refund.

6. jeff
    January 28, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Also have the problem of widgets not working. Galaxy S 3.2.6 App not installed on sd

• January 28, 2013 at 10:51 pm

“Not working” == “Not appearing in the launcher’s list of widgets”?
      “3.2.6 == “2.3.6”?

– Reboot the device
      – Plan B – reinstall the app

7. miro
    January 7, 2013 at 10:31 am

A slovencinu kde najdem?

8. December 2, 2012 at 12:10 am

Good

9. Hannes
    November 9, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Hi Kostya

Your WiFi Manager Premium is very useful for me. However, I have a problem with the widgets:

1 – My Smartphone Galaxy S+ with Android 2.3.5: Everything ok.

2 – My wife’s Smartphone Galaxy S+ with Android 2.3.6:
    Display remains in the status “connect to …”, although the device is connected properly.
    I think that’s not a problem of your program because the same occurs with another widget (WifiWidget) too.
    Maybe you have an idea?

Kind regards
    Hannes

• November 9, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Yes, I’ve already heard about this issue. Clearly a firmware bug.

10. firoz
    October 31, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Hello Sir,
    Is there any app available to connect an android phone (ICS-4.0.3) with a adhoc connection from laptop. I am using Galaxy S2. Please give me a answer.

• October 31, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Stock Android can’t connect to AdHoc networks. You could putting your laptop into non-AdHoc (“infrastructure”) mode — this can be done with some WiFi adapters if you’re running Windows 7. Another option is to root and modify the device’s WiFi config files or install something like CyanogenMode which already has those modifications and can connect to AdHoc. Yet another is to purchase a WiFi router.

• firoz
        November 1, 2012 at 9:41 am

Thank you KV..I am thinking to use some wifi adapters like you told…Thank mate

11. Reggae
    October 26, 2012 at 9:47 am

Hello, I just downloaded Wifi Manager from Google Play. But I can’t put widget on screen. Wifi manager widgets are not in widgets list. I’m using CyanogenMod 7.2

• October 27, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Hi,

Sounds like you’ve installed the app on the memory card. This is not compatible with widgets (a limitation of Android system design). Please move the app back to the internal storage and reboot the device.