Home > android, releases, wifi > WiFi Manager 2.0 is released

WiFi Manager 2.0 is released

I just uploaded WiFi Manager 2.0 to Market

Link to Market

The list of changes

2.0 from April 11, 2011

• WiFi Switcher widget can now automatically enable WiFi and has a new icon (thank you, Dreamer…).
  • Added support for static IP addresses vs. DHCP, with automatic switching.
  • Numerous UI improvements
    • Dark color theme
    • Prettier dialog boxes
    • Radar mode graphics improvements
    • Assign your own icon or description to a network (long press within the list)
  • Premium features are available for in-app purchase with Google Checkout
  • Requires Android 1.6 (support for 1.5 has been dropped)

Detailed information, including screenshots is under “My Software”.

A breakdown of premium features is under “Premium Features”.

Enjoy!

Categories: android, releases, wifi
  1. Kw
    April 18, 2011 at 10:05 pm

So I was wondering why my little wifi widget started asking for money and out turns out you changed some features to paid. I get why you did it but it still feels like a bait and switch. I am now more likely to pay money to another app b/c I feel cheated by you. Its a great ap, but whatever, I cant trust it wont keep updating to have new charges applied to current features.

• April 18, 2011 at 10:26 pm

Gasgirl,

I clearly indicated in the app’s description that some features are now available for a fee. Those features are a mixture of old ones, improved, and new ones.

It’s your decision if you want to upgrade or not, but it’s mine to charge a fee for my work or not.

I’m not entitled to your money, but you are not entitled to get something for nothing.

Oh, and “bait and switch” refers to something entirely different, and is not applicable here.

• KW
        April 18, 2011 at 11:13 pm

Sorry for calling a spade a spade dude, and I was just trying to leave benefital feedback instead of dropping a single star rating on the market like everyone else is doing. Don’t shoot the messanger.

Oh, by the way, something is wrong with how you get names off your comment form – I wrote KW in the name field but you called me a derivative of my random email address. Strange!

• April 18, 2011 at 11:39 pm

KW doesn’t sound like a name, so I used the next best thing you entered.

Using a “random” email address to leave comments certainly doesn’t make it look like “benefital” feedback (btw, it’s spelled “beneficial”).

2. NT
    April 17, 2011 at 4:18 am

Hi, I’ve purchased your nice WiFi Manger Premium throung the in app purchase. But the WiFi Network Switcher widget still requests me to [Buy with Google Checkout]. Clicking [Buy with Google Checkout] says it is already purchased, however I still see a “Your purchase is being processed by Google…” message from WiFi Network Switcher widget. Restarting my phone doesn’t help.

• April 17, 2011 at 10:45 am

Google is sometimes a little slow to send “purchase completed” information back to the application.

Please do this:

– Uninstall the application;

– Download and install again;

– Access a premium feature.

At this point, the app will show the pale blue “buy” window again, but this time it will request your existing order from Google, which should include the necessary information.

There is no need to reboot.

Please let me know how it goes.

• NT
        June 29, 2011 at 4:04 pm

It turned out that my problem is a bug of my Galaxy S, not WiFi Manager’s problem. Sorry for the false falutly report. After updating Android version of Galaxy S, it often cannot keep each setting for applications. Doing factory reset for Galaxy S and re-installing WiFi Manager do sort this problem out! Probably there are a few other your users who have the same problem, you could let them know about it.

• June 29, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Yes, the 2.2.1 firmware for the Galaxy S loses application settings, as a result of their lame attempt to fix file system performance.

I gave mine away to my nephew yesterday – good riddance! 🙂

Hope yours works better, the latest version I tried on mine was 2.3.4 JVH, seemed pretty decent.

Thank you for your feedback and support.

3. PG
    April 12, 2011 at 1:11 am

Hmm, Kostya 🙂 Already bought the premium. But more for donate reasons as for the features. And kinda little well one of the features was for free before. Hope it wont make some users mad.

But I like your work and as said previously, wanted to donate anyway. (even if so little :P)

Thanks for the good work!

• April 12, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Hey, thanks.

The feature you are referring to is the WiFi Network Switcher – has been significantly enchanced for this release.

It can now enable WiFi (requested by users) and switch between DHCP and fixed address (also requested by users). So I feel it makes sense for it to be part of the “premium” package.