Home > android, releases, wifi > WiFi Manager 1.7.1

WiFi Manager 1.7.1

Fixed a couple of crashing bugs.

Categories: android, releases, wifi
  1. Mike
    December 19, 2010 at 9:17 pm

Hello,
    I like your app and I’m using it. So thank you for that.
    I have one suggestion. When adding the 2×1 Wifi manager widget, the pop-up window is too big, so I can only see
    “Wifi Manager 2×1
    Copyright c Kostya Vasilyev
    kmansoft@gmail.com
    http….
    Display signal as
    Image”.
    And bottom is cut.
    I guess there is something below… But can’t see.
    My device sreen is 320*240. Acer betouch E130.
    Regards.

• December 19, 2010 at 9:27 pm

Mike,

Thank you for reporting this.

It’s a pretty serious problem, since the button to create the widget is in the part that’s cut off.

You are first to report this, so this might be specific to your device (I have users with low-res phones).

I’ll look into it.

2. Bob
    December 13, 2010 at 6:26 am

This version of WiFi Manager breaks the most important function of the widget. Now, all the widget does is turn WiFi on and off. I ALREADY HAVE a widget to do that. The widget used to open the app, so I could change the wifi network I want to connect to. Now I have to open the app directly. The widget is nearly worthless. Please put it back the way it was.

• December 13, 2010 at 12:14 pm

Bob,

The widget still works the same was as before.

The only change in the latest version (1.7.3 as of 12/13/2010) is that the toggle button’s hit area is now a bit larger.

If you are having trouble with the widget, remove it from the home screen, then add back in.

• Bob
        December 20, 2010 at 1:54 am

I’ve deleted and re-added the widget, and now it seems to work most of the time, but it still doesn’t work right all of the time. Tapping the app while wifi is disabled seems to always brings up the app, but tapping it while wifi is on sometimes just turns it off, without bringing up the app.

Thanks,

Bob

• December 20, 2010 at 1:57 am

Bob,

The “switch” on the right side is for toggling WiFi state directly with the widget. It extends a little to the left of the switch image, so make sure you’re not hitting too close to the right side if you want to bring up the application.

The entire rest of the widget is reserved for bringing up the management window.

Hope this helps.

• Bob
      December 20, 2010 at 2:12 am

Thanks Kostya. I don’t think that was the issue, but can’t be sure. I’ll pay more attention to that, and let you know if I continue to see the problem.